Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hey Everybody! It's me!

I finally got a moment to update my blog and wanted to say hi to y'all! Thanks so much to my friend, Chris, for keeping this updated while I'm on active duty. He's better at this than I am :-)

Things are dragging on here in New Orleans and the security details go by really slowly. We're doing 8-hour rotating shifts now, definitely an improvement over those long 12-hour overnight shifts.

When I went to PLDC (NCO school) last summer, I never thought I'd get the chance to use that training so soon. Being a sergeant is a lot more responsibility than I realized, but I like the opportunity to be a leader.

I want to thank everyone who has sent cards, letters, food - wow, especially food, lol - during our time here. It's been really hard seeing so much devastation in our home state, but your kindness and thoughtfulness made it a lot easier to bear. How can I ever thank you all? I wish that words were enough, but they aren't. Just know that you brought a lot of joy to this soldier and his unit during a difficult deployment. We'll never forget your kindness!

Well, gotta get everything ready for the next shift. Y'all are in my thoughts and I hope to see you soon.


Love,

Jason


PS: I love you, Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home