Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Rush

Wow, I can't believe how fast the time is flying by. Since my six years of regular duty was up on 09 December, the National Guard released me from Operation Katrina. Now, as I return to Pennsylvania for school, I'll still have two years to fulfill in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR). Hopefully, I won't get called up again for active duty anytime soon.

I transferred to another college and start classes next month in a Criminal Justice program. The school seems really amazing, and I can't wait to get back to being a student!

While in the IRR, I'll also be a member of the Air Force ROTC. After spending the past six years in the enlisted ranks of the Army National Guard, I hope to fulfill my dream of becoming a pilot and an officer in the Air Force.

I'm back in Louisiana again to spend Christmas with family. I wish y'all the most wonderful and happy holiday, and please don't forget those who are still serving overseas. Our hearts and prayers are with them and all of their loved ones as we pray for their safe return.

Love,

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home