Friday, May 18, 2007

Updates

Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since I updated my blog! I've been trying to finish my undergraduate program so that I can get my bachelor's degree before anything else happens.

I started at Louisiana State University, but my first semester there was interrupted for active duty in Afghanistan. When I returned home, I moved to Philadelphia to attend Widener University. After two semesters there, my unit was activated again, this time to help with relief efforts in my home state of Louisiana following Hurricane Katrina. When I got back to Philly, I realized that I couldn't afford the private college any longer, so I transferred to West Chester University. I've been there for three semesters and can finally see the end in sight! If all goes well, I'll be graduating this time next year :-)

In addition to school, I'm still working with Military Service Corps to help troops transitioning from active duty to civilian careers. You can find out more about us here: www.militaryservicecorps.com

More updates to follow. Please don't forget our troops!

Love,

Jason

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason, I just want to say thank you for a) being who you are and doing what you do as a soldier - there are no words I can use that would properly express how grateful I am for that - and b) for having the Anysoldier.com link on your website. I found it on here a year ago March 14th and it has changed my life so much, you wouldn't even believe me if I told you. Through that site (therefore, indirectly through you) I have made some incredible friends, and although it sounds corny, I can honestly say that lives have been changed. You have done a wonderful thing and I cannot possibly thank you enough.

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and, especially, for letting me know about your experience with AnySoldier! Troops may wear the uniform, but without your love, support, and prayers, it would be a much more difficult task. You will be in my thoughts and always close to my heart in prayer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home